[Zope3-dev] Selecting a code name

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 12:37:08 EST 2006

On 2/7/06, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com> wrote:
> As I said before, I'm +0 on enhancing the brand,
> -1 on adding release codenames.
>
> IMO codenames make it harder, not easier, to talk about releases.
> Which came first - Cheetah or Puma?  I submit that nobody but
> a certified mac geek can answer that question without googling it.

I agree with Paul here.  Version relationships are important for
technical audiences, and names don't help wirth that.  I don't know
what would help with marketing, but I suspect a general brand would be
more helpful than version codenames.

The only version codename I'm likely to remember is that for Ubuntu 6.04.  :-)

  -Fred

"There is no wealth but life." --John Ruskin