[Zope3-dev] Re: Selecting a code name

Jeff Shell eucci.group at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:27:37 EST 2006

On 2/7/06, Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 February 2006 05:09, Jeff Shell wrote:
> > Alright, I've stayed up way too late on this.
>
> Jeff,
>
> you always make great points! I would like to nominate you as the "Zope 3
> Propaganda Minister"! :-) No seriously, you have a great way of explaining
> why Zope 3 is better than the latest hype; I think you are probably the best
> qualified to lead the marketing efforts? Are you willing? Anyone seconding
> me? :-)

I'm willing, if I can make the time. And if I can make the time to
write the lengthy emails that I do, I can write a real document,
right? :)

Last night I was looking at this page:

http://www.zope.org/WhatIsZope

and going "damn, that's nice" and then "damn, I wrote a lot of that!"
There was some pre-existing material, but I remember updating it into
the form that it stands at now and has stood at since. It really makes
me want to register a "whatiszope3.com" and putting a page like that
up. I've really really really been wanting to do this, and I've talked
with the other guys here about doing something.. anything... to give
back to the community. Heck, I've been wanting a little server here
that I could play with in making a public facing Zope 3 application.
But our resources have been severely limited :\. I may still go ahead
and make a static page for now, or a post in Griddle Noise. Or even
make a Writeboard.. Or a page in my Backpack account.. Or.. So many
options, but so many deadlines.

But I'll do my part to try to do something in the next few days.