[Zope3-dev] Re: Do we really want Zope 3 marketing talk isolated on zope-web?

Tarek Ziadé tziade at nuxeo.com
Wed Feb 8 11:40:30 EST 2006

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Gary Poster wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure shuffling the hype and Zope 3 marketing conversations
>> to  zope-web is a good idea.  I'm not trying to fix zope.org (eek),
>> and  I'm not trying to improve the Zope 2 image (though that would be
>> nice  too).  I, and I think others, are interested in marketing Zope 3.
>>
>> As such, are we really such a big group that we should divide up
>> onto  a *third* list (zope3-users, zope3-dev, and zope-web)?  I
>> haven't  signed up there yet, myself.  I feel like going off isolates
>> the  people working on the marketing stuff: new blood doesn't see the
>> work  and possibly join in; and old
>> easily-annoyed-and-unsubscribed-to-yet- another-freaking-list blood
>> doesn't have visibility of the work.
>>
>> Yes, this has been a lot of email messages, but I'd rather hang out
>> together.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>>

> 'Zope-web' has always been the list to talk about zope websites
> related stuff (there's just been zope.org until now).
>
> If its about scope and implementation it should be on zope-web.
>
> Working on marketing stuff (and i think you are talking about content
> and direction here) could as well happen in zope3-dev or zope3-users
> lists.

Right, marketing is more than website things,

I know that a lot of people here don't like to have a lot of mailing
lists but, can't we have a zope-com dedicated mailing list ?
So people that are talking about marketing stuff or buzz tactics on
other lists are just sent over that mailing list ?

Maybe we can also promote important mailing list on zope.org on the
mailing lists page,
by putting them on the top of the page, and BIGGER

main mailing lists:

-dev
-users
-com