[Zope3-dev] WebDAV

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Feb 9 06:20:46 EST 2006

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 16:18, Michael Kerrin wrote:
>  WebDAV? Namespace Management
>
>     http://www.zope.org/Members/mkerrin/WebDAVProposal/wikipage_view
>
>     Here I define how, and why, I am planning to manage a WebDAV namespace.
> This includes how to find which properties are defined on a object, and
> what widget to use to display the property, and how to extend an already
> registered WebDAV namespace.
>
>   My goal for all this has being to develop zope.app.dav to a point where
> it can handle all of the WebDAV protocol details according to the RFC2518
> specification, while only requiring a minimal knowledge of WebDAV from
> developers who just wish to integrate WebDAV protocol into there
> application.

Michael,

this is also an excellent proposal. I really like it! I think with this and
the other proposal, the Zope 3 WebDAV story will look really good.

The only outstanding problem is with the arbitrary namespace data that we
might receive. Have you thought about that already? I don't want to add more
work, so if you do not want to think about this, then just ignore the
question. :-)

Regards,
Stephan
--