[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 web root

jpenny at ykksnap-america.com jpenny at ykksnap-america.com
Fri Feb 10 12:30:34 EST 2006

> Wade Leftwich wrote:
> > +1 from the standpoint of promoting corporate adoption, especially
when
> > combined with first-class citizenship for RDBMS. (In the corporation I
> > work for, anyway.)

> Shane wrote:
> Yes, RDBMS would become a first-class citizen.  New users would be able
> to write some page templates and SQL scripts on the filesystem and have
> them work with no extra effort.  I know I'd like that capability myself.

>   However, I expect ZODB to continue to be the dominant platform for
> writing Zope applications, because ZODB is quite productive for writing
> abstract applications.

This statement probably needs discussion and elaboration.  First-class SQL
support
has different meaning to different people.

Some would like per-user connections, so that ACLs and restricted views
could apply.
Others would like prepared statement support, and possibly stored
procedures.

Most of this is not available through the Python DB-API, and I doubt that
we will be
able to expose that kind of support.

jim penny