[Zope3-dev] Re: tal:define="..." considered harmful?

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 09:09:23 EST 2006

On 2/13/06, Tonico Strasser <contact_tonico at yahoo.de> wrote:
> Looking forward to see explicit ZPTs soon :)

Me too. I'd also like the macros to be called rather than expanded, so
that any error messages report the error in the macro rather than in
an expanded main template. This should be possible if we have explicit
macro parameters.

In fact, this would not only solve the two biggest problems with
macros, it would make the macros functions, which is much better. If
we don't want to break backwards compatibility, calling them functions
would be a good idea.

Slots are however highly useful, and I'm not sure what to do about them.

I'd also like to remove the python: prefix completely. No
"tal:define", no "python:", no macros, but functions. Then I'd be
happy. Question is: Is it still ZPTs? ;-)