[Zope3-dev] tal:define="..." considered harmful?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Feb 13 12:59:32 EST 2006

Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

> I've being working on integrating Balazs Ree's CTAL interpreter recently
> (added tests, fixes, etc.). CTAL is the equivalent of TAL but for
> javascript.

I just googled around for this, and couldn't find it, but I'm intrigued.
Any link?

A few years ago on a whim I started developing 'sapling', TAL for
javascript, but never got very far. It's here:

https://infrae.com/viewvc/sapling/trunk/

Perhaps some of the code would be useful to you; regular expression
parsing for TAL and such in javascript is in there.

It was a whim, as I didn't figure there would be much practical use for
it. Could you go into more details on how you think you'd use this?

Regards,

Martijn