[Zope3-dev] tal:define="..." considered harmful?

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Feb 13 13:03:30 EST 2006

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
>
>> I've being working on integrating Balazs Ree's CTAL interpreter
>> recently (added tests, fixes, etc.). CTAL is the equivalent of TAL
>> but for javascript.
>

> I just googled around for this, and couldn't find it, but I'm
> intrigued. Any link?
>
> A few years ago on a whim I started developing 'sapling', TAL for
> javascript, but never got very far. It's here:
>
> https://infrae.com/viewvc/sapling/trunk/
>
> Perhaps some of the code would be useful to you; regular expression
> parsing for TAL and such in javascript is in there.
>
> It was a whim, as I didn't figure there would be much practical use
> for it. Could you go into more details on how you think you'd use this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Martijn

It is so new that google hasn't found it yet :-) Balazs mailed me the
code last week.

here is the code I'm working on. Balazs was talking about putting it in
a repository since several projects might need it.
http://svn.z3lab.org/trac/z3lab/log/cpsskins/branches/jmo-perspectives/ui/framework/ctal.js

note that MochiKit has something similar but not as advanced (without
unit tests) and that doesn't work on Opera
(http://www.mochikit.com/examples/ajax_tables/index.html )

best
/JM