[Zope3-dev] Pluggins vs Application Definition

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Feb 15 04:28:58 EST 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:
> This is interesting. I agree with Philipp though that a simple install tool
> would be better than one magic location.

Indeed, but don't eggs already provide tools for this?

> I think the ZCML slugs are very cool

I think they suck, sorry... it's one of the first things I hit with Zope
  3 over Christmas :-(

> and if we have a tool (as "make" does now)

Please god, not make...

> that does this one step, then we
> effectively have drop-in packages.

No, drop in packages means you either use a package-manner like
interface, like aptitude, a binary installer, or actually dropping a
single file into a directory.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk