[Zope3-dev] Re: One namespace for ZCML

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Feb 15 08:04:27 EST 2006

On Wednesday 15 February 2006 07:59, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> I realize that and I think at least the concern was valid. As for the
> solution, I rather prefer the convenience (which reads for me as
> "automation" when it get rids of dead chicken direcives) to be in Python.

But I think this is exactely the problem. Convenience is often geared towards
non-technical people, like designers and integrators. For them to touch or
write Python code is horrifying. One of the goals of ZCML was to address this
audience and day: Look add, edit or change this and that directive and you
are good to go. It was also one of the reasons XML was chosen.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter