[Zope3-dev] Re: Last chance to comment on Simplify skinning

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Feb 15 10:46:31 EST 2006

Tonico Strasser wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
>> See, now I even explained this to a "template programmer", though I
>> don't think he'd care.
>

> Maybe I mean something different. I just want a folder in which I can
> drop all the files I want to customize (I love to customize), without
> registering something. Is this a layer? You're right, I don't care :)

I know this is on a side track from the simplify skinning discussion, but:

I think it'd be nice to have something that allowed you to register at
least resources in a directory that still keeps intact the overriding
capabilities that you'd have if you were to register a single resource.

The current directive to register a directory of resources makes it easy
to register a whole bunch of them in one go, but, unless I'm mistaken,
makes it hard to override just *one* later (in another skin or
override), as in fact the directory it registered directly.

Regards,

Martijn