[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3 web root

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Feb 15 16:11:47 EST 2006

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
> Sidnei da Silva said the following on 2006-02-14 12:15:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 08:17:04AM +0100, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
>> | Shaun Cutts said the following on 2006-02-14 07:37:
>> | I have seriously considered trying out Django and similar tools to
>> see | if they would fit better with the kind of applications I need to
>> do, but | I really like the power that Zope as a platform offers, even
>> in Zope 2.
>>
>> Then comes a question. Did anyone try reusing parts of Django inside
>> Zope 3?
>
> I just would like it to be easier to work with Zope and {CMF or it's
> successors} when data is not inside the ZODB.

The problem is that all the people used to LAMP will come to Zope and
think "Well I will need to think differently here. Thats a bother. I
will use sql for everything like usual." And so we will get a lot of
duplicated efforts and half-baked Zope developers, who will desperately
try to use Zope for SQL development.

Remember its the "Z Object Publishing Enviroment"?

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/
IT's Mad Science