[Zope3-dev] Brainstorming about browser pages

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Feb 17 04:16:27 EST 2006

Hi all,

for ages now the magic of browser:page & co. has annoyed me to a great extent.
I know their handler code well (we had to duplicate a lot of it for Five) and
think we can do better.

I've brainstormed about potential ways of making the creation of browser pages
more Pythonic (whatever that means). At least less I aim at a less magical and
more generic approach to creating browser pages. My musing are available at
http://codespeak.net/svn/user/philikon/BrowserPageBrainstorming.txt.

I didn't bother loading the stuff up to the Zope 3 wiki since the discussion
happens on the mailinglist anyways. Moreover, it's not a real proposal, just a
collection of ideas I've collected in the past. Depending on the feedback and
the discussion that I expect from this, it *could* turn into a proposal
perhaps. I would be very happy to make that step eventually (and hopefully for
Zope 3.3).

Philipp