[Zope3-dev] Simplify Skinning ready for review / work on Reducing the Amount of ZCML Directives

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Tue Feb 21 19:54:40 EST 2006

On Feb 21, 2006, at 7:15 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> Dominik Huber wrote:
>>> Now that this proposal has been dealt with, I will turn my focus of
>>> attention to
>>> http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ReducingTheAmountOfZCMLDirectives.
[...]
>> I like those simplifications, but  I have two little objections...
[...]
> The class/implements subdirective is debatable because putting an
> interface on a class might be considered some sort of policy. So I
> don't
> feel too strong about it.

Strong -1 on removing class/implements.

We use this frequently to apply policy from one package to a content
object in a second unrelated package, from within a third package
that depends on both.

I'll miss class/factory, but agree that it is an example of the magic
you are trying to remove.

Gary