[Zope3-dev] The Zope Software Certification Program and Common Repository Proposal

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Feb 23 08:45:16 EST 2006

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 10:58, Dominik Huber wrote:
> Do you have an other solutions for this problem?

Honestly, I had not thought about this case, but it is clearly a valid use
case.

What about this structure?

repos/main/
    NAMESPACE/
        branches/
        tags/
        trunk/
            ...configure stuff here...
    NAMESPACE.PACKAGE1/
        branches/
        tags/
        trunk/
    NAMESPACE.PACKAGE2/
        branches/
        tags/
        trunk/

This approach is also extendable to the use case below:

repos/main/
    NAMESPACE/
        branches/
        tags/
        trunk/
            ...configure stuff here...
    NAMESPACE.PACKAGE/
        branches/
        tags/
        trunk/
    NAMESPACE.SUBNAMESPACE/
        branches/
        tags/
        trunk/
            ...configure stuff here...
    NAMESPACE.SUBNAMESPACE.PACKAGE1/
        branches/
        tags/
        trunk/
    NAMESPACE.SUBNAMESPACE.PACKAGE2/
        branches/
        tags/
        trunk/

What do you think? I think this is the right way to do it, since it is a very
logical procedure to flatten the namespace tree.

> Another smaller question: Is it intended to provide nested namespaces such
> as repos/main/<NAMESPACE>.<SUBNAMESPACE>.<PACKAGE>? This pattern is
> convenient if a few packages are tied together by their release cycles.

Yes, sure. There is no limit to the namespace depth.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter