[Zope3-dev] BBB and Deprecation Warnings

Benji York benji at zope.com
Tue Jan 3 13:33:00 EST 2006

Stephan Richter wrote:
 > So let's make the deprecation support also time-based. What time would
 > you prefer?

I would prefer two releases and a minimum of 12 months.  That way if
the time-based releases slip, we still guarantee two releases with
backward compatible code.  If we release more often, we guarantee at
least 12 months of backward compatibility.

 > As a corollary, it would be time now to remove the BBB that should be
 > removed for 3.3. Should we wait for 3.4?

Following the rules above, if 3.3 will be released more than 12 months
since the release of 3.1, it would be OK to remove the code now.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer