[Zope3-dev] Zope3 tarball build/test run log

Brian Sutherland jinty at web.de
Wed Jan 4 07:59:12 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 07:08:59AM -0500, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Brian,
>
> What are you trying to accomplish with this test?

This is the result of building and testing the tarball/multiple
tarballs. I started this because zope3 was breaking my schooltool
nightly tarball build too often.

Practically all of my commits over the last months have been fixing
tarball setup breakage caught by this test. I wanted others to help as
well;)

> I think buildbot does a better
> job.  If there is a function you'd like to suggest for our emerging buildbot setup,
> I'd like to hear it.

Yes, building and testing tarballs.

Another interesting idea is testing old bodies of code against newer
Zope 3 versions. For backwards compatibility. For example, schoolbell,
released with Zope 3.1 fails its tests with Zope3.2.

> A message like this, with no useful information might as well be spam.

I agree, and have stopped forwarding these messages until I can be
certain they will be more useful. Even before you sent this mail;)

--
Brian Sutherland

Metropolis - "it's the first movie with a robot. And she's a woman.
              And she's EVIL!!"