[Zope3-dev] Re: Proposal: Enhance tracebacks in persistent logs

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jan 20 03:54:29 EST 2006

Martin Aspeli wrote:

> ... and thus confuse all the people trying to learn Zope 3 by seeing
> two  fundamentally different file formats that do exactly the same
> thing?  Anyone trying to understand anyone else's code would have to
> learn both  anyway. Yay.

They actually look remarkably similar, there's just less empty xml
elements in the .conf version. Jim's proposed work emphasises that
point, I think...

Personally, I hope .zcml will eventually be forgotten as a historic
curiosity, but that would mean I have to actually implement zcml2conf,
and there's no danger of that happening any time soon ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk