[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: ZConfig and other formats for ZCML

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Jan 22 10:25:42 EST 2006

Alexander Limi wrote:

> -1 from me, I see this as being a way to have another split in how
> things  are done, and that different products will use different syntax.
> Having  products be simple and consistent is important (and also part of
> the  reason why Plone didn't want to support both DTML and ZPT, FWIW).
>
> I don't believe the problem is the XML itself; rather how ZCML tries to
> do  too much, and gets convoluted. I'm a supporter of the approach
> advocated  by Philipp, where cleaning up ZCML somewhat is the way to go.

Do you understand that this proposal isn't proposing any new syntaxes?
You do, of course, realize that we already have 2 configuration syntaxes,
ZCML and ZConfig.  Are you suggesting that we drop one of them?  The proposal
only proposes consolidating their implementation so that there is only one
system for defining configuration directives,