[Zope3-dev] Deploying WSGI Apps with Zope 3.2+

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Jan 25 03:50:31 EST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
[snip]
> I think that the way the server and app are integrated needs to be
> rethought.
>
> I think we need to look at how to leverage Paste Deploy in Zope.
>
> I hate to mention this with all of the discussion about ZConfig, but
> we should probably consider using PasteDeploy as an alternative to
> ZConfig. (Jim ducks.) Alternative, we should redo the Zope 3 ZConfig
> schema to work with the Paste Deploy APIs. Obviously, if we do the
> later, I'd prefer to do so after we've decided how we're going to
> reimplement ZConfig.
>
> In the short term, you might try teasing out the app and server from
> Zope and see if you could wire them up with Paste Deploy.

Just dropping in randomly to add a +1 on investigating Paste Deploy for
Zope 3. Granted, it still mystifies me, but I'm starting to sense a
common system for deploying web applications in there, and it might be
yet another piece of the web application puzzle that Zope doesn't need
to be concerned with anymore in the future, or at least it will be a
piece of the puzzle that can be shared with other projects.

Regards,

Martijn