[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/branches/3.2/ - Declare the zope top-level package as a namespace package if

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Thu Jan 26 06:50:29 EST 2006

On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 04:37:45PM -0200, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
| On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 01:30:41PM -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
| | Please revert this revision. As you admit yourself in CHANGES.txt, this is a
| | new feature. You cannot add new features to a dot release branch.
|
| Well, I would go as far as calling it a bugfix. Will revert it then we
| can discuss.

Sorry, I've removed some context from this email, so I guess nobody
understood what it is about.

I had added a call to pkg_resource.declare_namespace() to Zope 3's
zope/__init__.py, which enables one to have sub packages of 'zope'
distributed as eggs.

Stephan complained that this is not a 'bugfix' but a 'new feature' and
asked me to revert, which I promptly did.

I suspect that no new Zope 3.2.x release will come out soon anyway, so
maybe it doesn't make sense to add it there really, but it would be
really nice to have this feature available before the 3.3 release.

Does anybody care about using eggs with Zope 3.2?

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.