[Zope3-dev] Re: Correction to RFC

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Jan 30 16:47:08 EST 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:
>>Thought so! I'm just not sure whether this is intended behaviour. What's
>>the current policy about displaying tracebacks to the "end-user" in Zope
>>3?
>
> The policy seems to be that the end user should *never* see the
> traceback, unless she selects the '++skin++Debug' skin *and* the admin
> configures inclusion of the 'zope.app.debug' package.

Personally, I think this is a mistake.

The number of times the traceback screen dumped by an end user and
mailed to me in a word doc has significantly aided fixing a hard to
reproduce error is not insignificant...

...mindyou, I still wish Zope 3 had an easier concept of a customsiable
standard_error_message, but maybe I'm missing something :-S

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk