[Zope3-dev] What are zope.generic, z3c, ldapauth, et.al.?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Jul 6 15:38:44 EDT 2006

Fred Drake wrote:
> On 7/6/06, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
>> - Do other people also think it'd be a good idea to come up with some
>> repository guidelines? Stephan had a proposal about specifying package
>> metadata and code maturity/quality, I think it's worth working towards
>> easily accessible info like that. If others agree, then let's get
>> started.
>
> Whether Stephan's proposal is exactly the right thing, I don't know (I
> didn't read it carefully), but something is clearly needed.  At the
> very least, a README.txt at the top-level of each project's trunk
> seems reasonable (and yes, I know many of the zc.* packages don't have
> that at the top level).

Right. I wasn't meaning to point fingers at anyone. We have no policy
currently, after all, so it's understandable that things are
underdocumented. I'll be happy to help out with that, though.

I'll have to reread Stephan's proposal as well. Whether or not it's
suitable, in part or in whole, will have to be decided indeed. I'm glad
though that you agree something's needed. How do we get started with the
corresponding foundation committee (assuming that's where the
appropriate starting place is)?

Philipp