[Zope3-dev] Re: language availablity

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Jul 6 17:18:15 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>> TranslationDomain should still implement ILanguageAvailability and
>> zope.i18n.zcml.registerTranslations should register domains for that
>> interface as well as ITranslationDomain,
>
> I'd prefer to create an interface extending ITranslationDomain and
> ILanguageAvailability, making TranslationDomain implement that and have
> it its instances also registered for that as utility.

Why? What exactly is the point of creating yet another interface?
More interfaces for more interfaces sake is bad :-(

>> but I agree that you may want
>> to register another utility, probably with no name, that gives you the
>> overall translation domain.
>
> Overall translation domain?!?

Sorry, brain fart...

An unnamed ILanguageAvailability would give a utility that listed what
languages the project thought were available. This could be the superset
of all languages found in all domains, maybe only the languages found in
all domains, maybe something else completely as Hanno described. Local
or global 'cos I can imagine this being different for two sites existing
in the same zope instance.

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk