[Zope3-dev] Doctest and Footnotes

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jul 11 04:08:53 EDT 2006

On Jul 10, 2006, at 11:44 PM, Benji York wrote:

> I'd like to merge the branch to zope.testing in the next few days.
> Thoughts/questions?

Sounds great.  My main concern is the continued forking of doctest. :(

I had intended to sync it up with Python 2.5, but I never did. I have
no problem with continuing the fork for now.

I'd really like to find a way to avoid the fork by either agreeing
with Ed Loper and Tim to give docutils a life of it's own independent
of Python releases, or find a way to add enhancements like this
without forking doctutils.  I'll bring this up with Ed and Tim.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org