[Zope3-dev] Highly release-critical issues for 3.3

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Thu Jul 27 15:48:11 EDT 2006

Hi,

we've been trying to migrate a Zope 3.2 application to Zope 3.3 this
week. We stumbled over a few small things due to incorrect usage of APIs
in Zope 3.2, which was easy to fix.

We found two major problems though, regarding the generations that
evolve a Zope 3.2 database to Zope 3.3.

Our application works fine in Zope 3.3 if you re-initialize it there.
However, it severely breaks when migrating an existing database from
Zope 3.2.

We have put in two bugs that include minimal examples of ZODBs created
in Zope 3.2 that fail the migration to Zope 3.3.

I think those issues are pretty critical and just wanted to raise
awareness for them. (I tried getting a fix for the first issue, but I
only got half the way :/, haven't had time to look into the second problem.)

Here are the collector links:
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/675
http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/676

Cheers,