[Zope3-dev] Re: Pluggable authentication id management

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Jul 31 14:15:42 EDT 2006

On Jul 31, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> If you ask me, the slipping of the Zope 3 June release is mostly
> due to
> the lack of a release manager. If we had a release manager who'd kick
> people's asses, we might have more betas since the first one and we
> might even have a final release.

I don't agree.  Except for a few people, there hasn't been much
interest in fixing bugs.  Releasing betas when bugs reported earlier
haven't been addressed is counter productive.  Why should people
bother testing if they don't think the bugs they report are going to
be fixed.

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org