[Zope3-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: zc.resourcelibrary/trunk/ A basic makefile, the ZPL and copyright headers.

Benji York benji at zope.com
Thu Jun 15 13:32:47 EDT 2006

Brian Sutherland wrote:
> The reason I put them there in the first place is to nudge committers to
> create both the tarball and egg (for perhaps more than one python
> version) when creating a new release.

I would prefer that be addressed outside of the source repository.
Perhaps Stephan's Zope Community site would be a good place to
accomplish this.

> The makefiles are not required and
> are trivially replacable by whatever type of script you want.

I wouldn't want a bunch of identical (or near-identical) scripts, make
or otherwise, lying around.

> Firstly, being the one that added these, i'll take them out/replace them
> according to the consensus.

There seems to be a consensus (although not an overpowering one) that
they be removed.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer