[Zope3-dev] Somebody review my fix for issue 592?

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Mon Jun 19 12:59:07 EDT 2006

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 18, 2006 at 01:33:48AM -0400, Christian Theune wrote:
> I'm pretty confident that this change does what it is intended to do
> (fix 592 and some inconsistencies along the way).
>
> But as I had to figure out some pretty old code and some of the
> architecture and dependencies in zope.app.form.browser, I might have
> made a mistake, although I supplied tests and changed the existing tests
> according to my view of the world.
>
> Here's the changeset for the trunk:
> http://svn.zope.org/Zope3/trunk/src/zope/app/form/browser/itemswidgets.py?rev=68729&view=rev

It broke a functional test in one of the packages here.  The "(no
value)" option disappeared from the dropdown.  It should not have
disappeared, because the schema field explicitly says it is not
required.  (The same thing happens with a real browser.)

Reverting the change made in rev 68729 to
src/zope/app/form/browser/itemswidgets.py makes the (no value) choice
reappear and therefore fixes the problem.

I'm still trying to understand why it happens in that view, but not in
some other views that also have not-required Choice fields.

Marius Gedminas
--
If you are smart enough to know that you're not smart enough to be an
Engineer, then you're in Business.