[Zope3-dev] buildbot failure in Zope3 trunk 2.4 FreeBSD tmiddleton

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jun 21 17:25:14 EDT 2006

Tim Peters wrote at 2006-6-17 14:50 -0400:
>The problem arises because what _Python_ calls "int" is what C calls
>"long", but the I-flavor BTree code stores C "int", and C "int"
>doesn't correspond to any Python type (except "by accident" on 32-bit
>boxes).

Why not simply change this, i.e. let "BTree" use what Python
calls an "int" (i.e. a "C long").

Of course, we need to be a bit careful, when we load pickles.
They might have been written by applications with a longer
"C long" than we have.
But, this problem we have anyway (independent of BTrees).

--
Dieter