[Zope3-dev] XPATH in zope.testbrowser, assertions in zope.testrecorder

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sat Jun 24 21:56:50 EDT 2006

On Saturday 24 June 2006 21:43, Benji York wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
> > On Saturday 24 June 2006 19:49, Martin Aspeli wrote:
> >>   In this case, having the ability to select nodes by XPATH would be
> >>incredibly useful
> >
> > Yes, I have done that in SchoolTool already.
>
> I'm curious if the other ways of selecting things were no longer
> necessary, or if each still had a place.

Sorry, I did not parse (or better, my lexicon did not recognize the
patterm ;-) the last part of the sentence.

I often like the XPATH selection, but the simplicity of the current control
selectors is very nice too and I would not want to miss it. I would be happy
to replace the regex support with XPATH though. I would also like to think
much harder about a good set of HTML analyzing tools; this function was
supposed to be a start in the right direction, but I never got around
thinking harder about it.

Regards,
Stephan
--