[Zope3-dev] XPATH in zope.testbrowser, assertions in zope.testrecorder

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon Jun 26 05:57:23 EDT 2006

Benji York wrote:
> Martin Aspeli wrote:
>>   o In zope.testbrowser, [snip] having the ability to select nodes
>  > by XPATH would be incredibly useful
>
> Yep, I and others have thought the same thing.
>
>> I imagine an existing
>> library would be available to make this reasonably easy to implement?
>
> With ElementTree going into Python 2.5, I suspect testbrowser will grow
> XPath support.

ElementTree does not contain XPath support. It has an expression syntax
in .find() that it claims is a (small) subset of XPath, but really it
isn't quite. I believe there's also a partial XPath implementation for
ElementTree somewhere though, though due to limitations of ElementTree
(no parent references) a full XPath implementation is not currently
possible.

Still, ElementTree .find() path support would be useful.

lxml of course offers both .find() and a full-fledged XPath
implementation. :)

Regards,

Martijn