[Zope3-dev] zope.testbrowser too trigger-happy with urlencodes?

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Mon Jun 26 19:29:11 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've got a situation where a form submit will eventually end up in an
action that does (in Zope 2):

	context.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect('/path/to/foo/#bar')

This works fine through the web, but using zope.testbrowser, the # gets
converted to %23 (which is the correct urlencoding of #). The url
/pat/to/foo/%23bar is not valid, and I get a 404.

I couldn't work out where this was being handled in zope.testbrowser, so
and I guess it may be mechanize or some other library's fault, but I'd
like to know if (a) it's a bug and (b) how I may work around it; save
for that, I have one monster of a functional test now exercising a
pretty complex set of forms and views - and a tutorial on how I did it :)

Martin