[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-Users] Visionaire! (All your problems, solved)

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Mar 1 21:43:10 EST 2006

I think packaging efforts are really the key to being able to tell a
story like this.  The efforts happen to be couched in a process of
converting z3 packages into eggs, but really the process of
identifying dependencies and eliminating the silly ones is the
valuable work here, and it seems to be getting done by embracing egg
packaging, which is really wonderful.  One we have well-factored
modules that are packaged and maintained independently, all sorts of
things like the "AS" vs. "CA" you mention or a Zope 3 core that is
more like "zope.bobo", or a Zope that combines both z3 and z2 in
various ways becomes a lot more possible.