[Zope3-dev] Re: Two visions?

Rocky Burt rocky.burt at adaptivewave.com
Sat Mar 4 07:14:34 EST 2006

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 09:30 +0100, Max M wrote:
> Benji York wrote:
> > If we want people outside of the zope community to use these components,
> > they should not have the word "zope" anywhere in their name.  If it says
> > "zope" people will *always* assume it is for use only with/inside Zope
> > (Zope 2 more often than not).
>

> Would we want people outside the community to do this?

We want as much as the python developer as possible to use pieces of
zope.  This means those pieces of zope will have had greater testing,
more reviewing, and ultimately, more people contributing.

At this point, I think the number of people that already use zope3
components and have never used zope the application server would be
larger than expected.  For those who don't get put off by names right
away, zope3 CA is a nice piece of work.

- Rocky

--
Rocky Burt
AdaptiveWave - Consulting, Training, and Content Management as a Service