[Zope3-dev] Unclear Zope Committer Guidelines

Jeff Rush jeff at taupro.com
Wed Mar 8 08:51:54 EST 2006

Hi, I received Zope3 committer privileges at PyCon and I'm trying to get a
good citizen and do everything the Committer Guidelines say to do.

However, I see that the "zope-coders" list was retired in Nov 2005 but the
website still says membership in that list is required for committers, at
the following two places:

From: http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/CommitterGuidelines

     Every committer should enlist in the zope-coders mailing
     list - visit http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope-coders .
     It's the primary channel for urgent operational issues - things
     like release checkin freezes, operational problems, warnings
     about major-checkin upheavals, and so forth.

     It is also a channel for collaboration between the committers.
     As such, it may be of interest for others to follow, so anyone
     can subscribe - but non-committers should refrain from posting
     unless they have really really good reasons to do so.

     (Anyone can always use zope-dev for general discussion - we're
     want the input, just don't want to burden zope-coders bandwidth
     with it.)

     The list is generally not for discussion - occasional comments
     to flag an item may make sense, but discussions should probably
     be conducted on the zope-coders mailling list. (Zope experts
     interested in participating as collector supporters should
     contact the collector administrators to be enlisted.)

I presume I can skip joining the zope-coders list then and get by with a
steady diet of zope3-dev, zope3-users and zope-collector-monitor?

Thanks,

-Jeff Rush