[Zope3-dev] Re: Re: A Take on the Hello World Acid Test - from Mandatory Viewing

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Mar 9 16:26:59 EST 2006

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:44:56 -0000, Paul Winkler <pw_lists at slinkp.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 02:38:48PM +0100, Paul Everitt wrote:
>> One little Python script, maintained as part of the standard
>> distribution, referred to ubiquitously as the right way to start, would
>> have more impact on Zope adoption than nearly any other software
>> activity (save, perhaps, for zope.bobo).  All IMO, of course.
>
> We do already have bin/pyskel, which is useful as far
> as it goes, but that's of course not very far.

Ben Saller (and others) have worked on a python program called Skeletor
(now in the Plone collective) that seems to be a very promising way of
generating package infrastructure/scaffolding. I don't think it's Plone or
even Zope specific, but may be a useful base. Ben's software tends to be
pretty well designed. :)

> Skeletor
> https://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/skeletor/trunk/

Ah, and then you mentioned it :-)