[Zope3-dev] a new zcml directive?

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Fri Mar 10 15:17:01 EST 2006

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> If I'm doing this quite a bit, this looks like something that would be
> better expressed in a... new ZCML directive (..waiting for the crowd to
> start flinging stones).

A possibly valid direction we haven't discussed yet is to embrace ZCML's
flexibility and make new high level directives often.  For instance,
every time I feel like I'm repeating myself in ZCML, maybe I should make
a new high level directive to eliminate the repetition.  The risk is
that configuration ends up more magical, but maybe new tools can
mitigate that risk.  Thoughts?

Shane