[Zope3-dev] a new zcml directive?

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at gentoo.org
Mon Mar 13 10:56:53 EST 2006

Stephan Richter <srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> writes:

> On Friday 10 March 2006 10:19, Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> What do people think?
>
> +1 We use this pattern for every annotation in SchoolTool and it gets old
> really quick. One argument that could be made is that the code in the
> function could be in the constructor. This is bad, because the __init__
> method should not do any "writing" on other objects.

I looked at the schooltool code a while ago and the annotation thing
was something that I also noted as duplicated in there. Since I wanted
to use annotations in a similar way I wrote a package that defines
such an annotation ZCML directive.

You can download the package here:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~wrobel/zope.annotation.tar.bz2. It still has a
weird hack in the README.txt and is not polished in any way but I
believe it should work. I am a Zope3 newbie so don't expect too much
From the thing. But I thought it might be of interest to the ongoing
discussion.

Don't hesitate to tell me why the package sucks :) Still eager to
learn more about Zope.

Regards

Gunnar

--
Gunnar Wrobel                    Gentoo Developer

Mail: wrobel at gentoo.org
WWW:  http://www.gunnarwrobel.de
IRC:  #gentoo-web at freenode.org