[Zope3-dev] Re: New way of using skins

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Mon Mar 13 19:08:45 EST 2006

Florian Lindner wrote:
>>I think ovarall, Phillip should support those named layers.

That feedback is a little late. The proposal had been around for months!
By the way, from what I read in the old layer code (which seemed to be
yours), I got the impression that named layers and skins were slated for
deprecation but simply not officially deprecated yet.

> Yes, I have my interface registered with:
>
>     <zope:interface
>         interface=".interfaces.ICentershockSkin"
>         type="zope.publisher.interfaces.browser.IBrowserSkinType"
>         name="centershock"
>     />

Note that this makes the interface a skin. Layers don't have to be
registered at all anymore.

> class ICentershockSkin(zope.app.rotterdam.Rotterdam):
>

> I've tried to use the name centershock in either a layer or a type attribute,
> but nothing worked.

You will have to state the layer using standard dotted names to access
the interface, e.g.: layer=".interfaces.ICentershockSkin".

> Only giving the the python path with the layer attribute
> worked. The type attribute does not even seem to exist, although I understood
> Philipps proposal that it should replace the layer.
> (tested with a resource directive)

Ooops, sorry, I forgot to properly update the Implementation Status.
Done now.

Philipp