[Zope3-dev] what is ZCML?

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Wed Mar 15 14:56:10 EST 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> I suspect we're in a state of violent agreement here. :)
>

> Then why do people have to argue every single point ad nauseum?

Because we want to understand the current decisions and thinking.  I
never intend to argue, but email is such a poor discussion medium that
the words often come out sounding like an argument.

The statement "explicit is better than implicit, except when it's not"
is void of any meaning.  I think I know what it means, but I can only
guess what you think it means.  I attempted to elaborate so you can
confirm or deny a common understanding.  I don't think I elaborated
enough, though.  It seems to be a fundamental principle for building
Zope 3, so we all need to understand it the same way.

Back on topic, the message I'm hearing about ZCML is confusing: high
level configuration is good, but ZCML isn't going to handle it because
we want to limit the number of directives.  Does that mean we're going
to use Python code to generate ZCML?  (That's a rhetorical question... I
think.)

Shane