[Zope3-dev] Reducing the Amount of ZCML Directives ready for review

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Mar 16 18:52:41 EST 2006

Hi all,

my work on http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/ReducingTheAmountOfZCMLDirectives
has been nearly completed on the philikon-reduce-zcml branch and is
ready for review.

What I didn't cover:

* rdb:provideConnection wasn't removed. On a second thought, this
directive also contains deployment information relevant to the system
administrator (the DSN) that should not reside in Python code.

* dav:provideInterface wasn't removed. Michael Kerrin's work on DAV is
also calling for its removal so this is left for him to remove.

* class/implements and class/factory weren't removed -- yet. I guess
removing these might be a bit controversial. I'd therefore like to take
this opportunity to bring this topic up again and to give everyone a
chance to look at the proposal once again, before I start spending lots
of time on the implementation.

If no one objects to the branch as it is, I will merge it on the weekend.

Philipp