[Zope3-dev] Re: Reducing the Amount of ZCML Directives ready for review

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Mar 17 04:18:17 EST 2006

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:56:54 -0000, Martijn Faassen
> <faassen at infrae.com>  wrote:
>
>> Before this merge goes through, I would propose the following steps:
>>
>> Take the document and edit it so it's a clear guide for what you
>> should  do with broken directives. I.e. for browser:localUtility we
>> want to  exactly specify what needs to be done to register this with the
>> normal content directive.
>>
>> After that, this document needs to be checked in under the
>> doc directory.
>>
>> Finally, there needs to be a clear pointer in at least the changelog as
>> well as the release notes to this document.
>
> Is there a DTD or XML Schema for the core ZCML namespace(s)? If not, I
> think this should happen at the same time, and I'd suggest it be
> appropriately annotated to serve as documentation. Interfaces aren't
> just  for python code :)

Feel free to submit a patch. I'd recommend using Relax NG for this. It
shouldn't be too hard to deduce a Relax NG schema from the information
that's already in the code - ZCML directives have Zope schema definitions.

Anyway, I wouldn't feel that this is a requirement for Philipp's
changes. Good communication about what changed is, in my opinion.

Regards,

Martijn