[Zope3-dev] Reducing the Amount of ZCML Directives ready for review

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Mar 17 08:14:24 EST 2006

On Thursday 16 March 2006 18:52, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> * class/implements and class/factory weren't removed -- yet. I guess
> removing these might be a bit controversial. I'd therefore like to take
> this opportunity to bring this topic up again and to give everyone a
> chance to look at the proposal once again, before I start spending lots
> of time on the implementation.

I am -1 on moving <implements> out of the class directive. I am impartial on
the factory subdirective, since I never use it. I think factories are failed
experiment, btw, but that's another story.

If <implements> is moved out than what's the point of having a class directive
in the first place. Heck, what's the point of any complex (i.e. nesting)
directive? (This is a hypothetical question.)

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter