[Zope3-dev] (Temporarily) Toss page folders and page templates from site-management folders

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Mar 19 09:05:48 EST 2006

Page folders and page templates in site-management folders
were implemented as early prototypes of creating through-the-web
views.  This functionality hasn't been included in any releases
and doesn't seem to actually work in a checkout.  I'm working on new
local-configuration machinery and I don't want to refactor this
non-working code for the new machinery.  I'd prefer to just rip this
code out for now.   At some point, when someone wants to try this again,
the code will still be in the repository if it's helpful at all.

I'm going to go ahead and remove zope.app.presentation for now, which
is where the support for page folders and site-management folder
page templates reside now.  I'll do this initially on the jim-adapter
branch.  The package will disappear from the trunk when I merge the branch.