[Zope3-dev] Re: a plan for widgets?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Mar 20 14:07:09 EST 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 13:50, Tres Seaver wrote:
> So *don't use ZCML*;  use Python:  there is literally nothing which can
> be done in ZCML which cannot be done in Python.  I wish that folks who
> don't like / need ZCML would quit trying to dictate how the rest of us
> use ZCML.

I agree with this sentiment. I really hate where ZCML is going. I tend to like
ZCML as an overview for the functionality of a package, so the already
simplified versions of the adapter and utility directive make ZCML much less
useful to me. And Philipp's quest to effectively removing all nested
directives disturbs me even more. I like the nesting; it groups common things
together and saves some typing. I also tend to like writing new ZCML
directives; it's easy.

Having said this, I realize I am in the minority. Thus I will make some
concessions, but I am not going to just agree with everything.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter