[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope-CMF] Fighting the Zope 2.9 testrunner

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Mar 21 06:12:16 EST 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
>

>>  From the old testrunner, which I miss *a lot*, I could ensure I am
>> indeed running a specific module by doing...
>

> Yup, this is one of the things I like least from the Zope 3 world. What
> happened to proposals and community agreement before inflicting big
> changes on other people who're trying to help out?

Oh cut the crap.  The new test runner tries very hard to be backward
compatible.  The old test runner was increasingly unmaintaiable and
had a host of bugs of it's own.

I can't tell what you snipped, but I'm guessing that it was the
breakage of supplying a module name as a positional argument.
This breakage was not intentional. It was a bug.  There is an
easy work around: just use the -m option.

> I particularly hate the fact that no real effort was put into backwards
> compatibility, not to mention those silly weird
> sort-of-fifty-dots-per-line thing that doesn't actually work.

What the heck are you talking about? What doesn't work?