[Zope3-dev] Making zope.app smaller

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sat Mar 25 13:53:45 EST 2006

Gary Poster wrote:
>> http://codespeak.net/svn/user/philikon/MakeZopeAppSmaller.txt
>
> Not currently on your list: keyreference and intid.  These are very
> useful ZODB/BTrees tools irrespective of anything else "zope".  IMO they
> don't belong in zope.app at all.  The app dependencies are exclusively
> zope.app.i18n._ AFAIK and can easily be replaced.

Thanks for the pointer! Though they might be easy to migrate (perhaps
intid will be a bit difficult because of the ftest), they're not
directly used by Five right now. That doesn't mean we can't move them
out of zope.app, it's just the reason I hadn't looked at them for this list.

And yes, dependencies on zope.app.i18n.ZopeMessageFactory can be ignored
because it can easily be created from scratch in 2 lines.

Philipp