[Zope3-dev] i18n for 'structure' in TAL

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Mon May 1 12:41:01 EDT 2006

Hi there,

i18n doesn't actually work for things marked as 'structure' in a page
template in both Zope 2 and Zope 3. Zope 2 does do this with
PlacelessTranslationService (through some tortuous route I won't go
into). I think in practice large systems such as Plone, Silva and CPS
are all translating snippets with bits of HTML in there, so i18n for
structure is important.

Zope 2 + Five i18n work however. Zope 3 presumably doesn't work either.
I have a monkey patch lying around that fixes this in Zope 2.x and I
could check the fix in directly (and fix it Zope 3.3 trunk too), if
there are no objections.

I realize we're getting close to a release and we're in feature freeze
now, so this may be considered to be too large a change for this round.

Regards,

Martijn