[Zope3-dev] Re: Google SoC Project

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Tue May 9 07:58:31 EDT 2006

On 5/9/06, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> - Speed up restart.  I think there are a lot of ways that restarts
>    can be made faster:
[...]
>    o Load less.  A Zope 3 application that only loads what it actually
>      uses will load much more quickly than a full Zope 3 checkout.

Just a brainstormy idea:

One thing I like with Python imports which ZCML doesn't do, is that it
only loads things that really are imported. Maybe there could be a way
to say which products you depend on in ZCML, and only load the ZCML of
these? Kinda like a zcml-import, but not creating problems if you
import it twice?